Cold Pressed Apricot Oil (Nourish & Moisturise) Description
Apricot kernel oil is obtained from the kernels of Apricots. Apricot kernel oil is great for use as a massage oil as it is very light and makes the skin soft. Ours is Cold Pressed, meaning no heat is used in the extraction process.
Source of Apricot kernel oil
Our Apricots are grown in Himachal Pradesh. The seeds of apricot have a high percentage of oil. This oil has references in Traditional Chinese medicine and has possibly been used since ancient times
Bitter Apricot Oil is made from Bitter Apricot Seeds whereas Our Sweet Apricot Oil is extracted from Sweet Apricot Seeds
Bitter Apricot Oil is best used as a massage oil and as a carrier oil whereas Our Sweet Apricot Oil is more emollient / absorbent and hence can be used as a moisturiser
Apricot kernel oil possesses many therapeutic properties which make it suitable for its various uses
- Moisturizer – Sweet Apricot seed oil is a brilliant moisturizer
- Anti – Inflammatory – It reduces inflammation when applied topically
- Anti-aging – It provides nutrition and support to the skin so that aging is reduced
- Antibacterial – This effect is made use of to treat clothes and other products to keep bacteria away
- Antiseptic – reduces risk of infection in open wounds and cuts
- Apricot kernel oil for Skin – is non-irritant and soothing for the skin. Apricot kernel oil is one of the best carrier oils for massage and/or moisturizing. It penetrates nicely into the skin because it is light and also improves the delivery of essential oils and other herbal agents. This oil is also good for infusing with herbs and absorbing their essence.
- Apricot kernel oil for Hair – it helps to detangle hair, promotes hair growth because of the nutrients in it, especially Vitamin E, It reduces dry scalp problems. It helps to achieve gorgeous shiny hair without any greasiness.
- Face Oil – It helps to improve skin tone, nourish the skin and lower the appearance of aging signs, like wrinkles, lines and blemishes.
Bitter apricot oil is more therapeutic while also being more greasy and more suited for massage
Sweet apricot oil is lighter on the skin and more suitable for face or skin application
For External use only