Basil Seeds (Sabja / Indian Chia seeds) Description
Basil seeds are one of our traditional superfoods. They were made famous through their indispensability to desserts such as Falooda. The recent hype around Chia seeds has reinvigorated the attention around these ancient seeds. They are the Indian equivalent of Chia seeds.
People used it as a food, in their religious ceremonies and fed it to their animals.
Almost every health conscious person these days knows about chia and how these seeds are a treasure trove of nutrients and can be a great dietary adjunct to supporting long term health.
Source of Our Basil Seeds
Direct from our farms in Madhya Pradesh, these are the freshest and best variety of Basil seeds in the country. We adhere to a strict quality check to ensure only the best seeds are packaged. They have the highest nutritional value and are used in traditional Ayurveda.
About Our Seeds
These seeds are considered a perfect food because they are one of the few vegetarian sources of complete protein. They’re great in smoothies, baking and sauces. Our seeds are large in size and black in colour.
Basil Seeds (Sabja)
Why Buy Our Seeds
Our seeds are gluten free, easy to digest and don’t have to be ground like flax seeds for better absorption. These seeds are large in size. These seeds boost athletic power.
How to use Basil Seeds
- Add to your fruit juice or lime water
For some more ideas on how to use Basil Seeds in your drinks
- These seeds can be added to egg white omelets, can be put on salads
- Add them to protein shakes
- Sprinkle them into cereals or mix them in yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes and cookies
- Add to vegetables, salad and cut fruits
- Blend into your milk shakes along with other nuts and fruits
- Add grounded basil seeds into your chapatti dough