Cardamom (Large) 8mm Description
• Premium Grade Cardamom: Our large size pods (8mm wide by 20mm tall), which is the most premium grade of Cardamom available sourced directly from Farmers in Theni district, also known as Cardamom City, since it is the largest producer of this herb in the world!
• Best Quality: We source our Cardamom directly from Farmers in Theni and pack them ourselves to ensure the best quality
• Pure & Natural: The pods are not cut or broken, and are 100% Natural with no chemical treatment
• Premium Aroma & Taste: Our Cardamom is known for its strong aroma and taste, which is why it is called the “Queen of Spices”
• Aromatic Uses: Used in many aromatic recipes such as chai tea, rice dishes, meat dishes and desserts
This spice derived from several species of cardamom plants, and is used in both sweet and savoury dishes. It belongs to the same family as ginger and turmeric.
It is one of the most widely used spices in the world. It has a strong, unique taste and aroma that adds distinctive flavour to coffee, tea, soups and curries. Cardamom has been used in traditional medicine for numerous health benefits. It is an excellent digestive aid and can be consumed either after meals or as a beverage with water before meals.
Cardamom is the third most expensive spice in the world, after saffron and vanilla. It is also very healthy. Grown in the small villages of Tamil Nadu, India, this comes from a variety that grows nowhere else. It’s large size and aromatic quality is unique to this area.
Cardamom seeds have different properties according to their size. Large pods, which are dark green in colour, with black seeds and with a lighter aroma than the small ones, are highly valued by herbalists. The main medicinal benefits of large pods are better digestion, ease of nausea and vomiting, removing gas from the stomach and relieving flatulence.