Serves : 3 - 4
This almond and oatmeal cookies recipe is eggless, gluten free and vegan-friendly. With just 6 ingredients and 30 minutes tops, these deliciously soft cookies are perfect as a coffee companion or a bite in between meals!
Almond cookies made with coconut oil are a delightful treat with a unique taste and texture.
The combination of ground almonds and coconut oil gives these cookies a nutty and slightly sweet flavor, while also making them a healthier option compared to traditional cookies.
The use of coconut oil adds moisture and richness to the cookies, resulting in a soft and chewy texture.
These cookies are usually gluten-free, making them a great option for those with dietary restrictions.
They can be enjoyed as a snack, dessert, or with a cup of tea or coffee.
1 cup oat flour
1 cup almond flour
1 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp cinnamon powder
¾ cup coconut oil
For Chia egg:
1 tbsp ground chia seeds
3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 180ºC [350ºF]
- To make a chia egg, whisk together 1 tbsp chia seed powder with 3 tbsp water in a small glass or bowl. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl combine together oat flour, almond flour, cinnamon and sugar.
- Add coconut oil and chia seed mix (also called chia eggs)
- Mix well until well combined.
- Prepare a baking tray by lining with a parchment paper.
- Take small amount of cookie dough in your hands, shape into a ball and place on the baking tray. Keep about an inch of free space around every cookie.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes till the edges turn brown. The cookie will still be soft but remove it from the oven. It will continue to cook as it cools down and will become this awesome soft and chewy cookie.
- Once completely cooled, store in a cookie jar.