Prep time: 40m
Cook Time: 25m
The name of the recipe is ‘Chia Tea Cake with Banana’, and unlike other types of cakes, our recipe is made of chia seeds which we normally do not find in cakes.
Despite their small size, chia seeds are full of nutrients, including Omega-3 fatty acids, iron, calcium, and antioxidants. They have a mild, nutty flavor and can be a good addition to a balanced diet. If your morning starts with a cup of tea or coffee, then you can accompany that cup of tea or coffee with this moist and crunchy cake. Chia seeds are a superfood, and are highly nutritious. Unlike usual cake recipes this one provides you with crunch and great flavors of spongy bananas.
Author Bio: Monica Henin, the author of this post is a food expert and a passionate cook. Her blogs and articles have been published on several reputed websites. Her work clearly depicts an in-depth knowledge of healthy recipes and food tips. Check out more about her work on www.addonkitchen.com.
- 190 Milliliters Milk or Coconut Milk
- 4 Teaspoons Chia Seeds
- 4 Teaspoons Flaxseeds
- 450 Grams Refined Flour
- 450 Grams Coconut Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 100 Grams Sliced Almonds
- 125 Milliliters Coconut Oil
- Begin with peeling the bananas followed by whisking them in a mixer for a couple of minutes or until they become pulpy.
- Take a mixing bowl now and add eggs and sugar to it. Whisk both eggs and sugar in the bowl.
- It’s time to take another bowl in which you will have to sift refined flour along with baking soda. Mix both ingredients well and add chia seeds afterward.
- Add all the mixtures from step 1 to 3 in a large bowl and stir together until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Grease a baking dish and a small dry cake mold. Add 100 gram of the mixture that you have created in the 4th step into the dry cake mold and sprinkle flax seeds along with almond flakes on top.
- Put the baking dish into the oven at 165 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Poke the cake with a toothpick, and if it comes out clear, then your cake is ready to be served. Enjoy it with a cup of tea or coffee.