These vegan crispy oatmeal cookies are a classic dessert that is loved for their deliciously chewy texture and comforting warmth.
The best oatmeal cookies typically feature a base of rolled oats mixed with oil /butter, sugar, flour, and can be customized with a variety of add-ins such as chocolate nibs, nuts, or dried fruit/seeds.
The aroma of an oatmeal cookie baking in the oven is enough to make anyone's mouth water.
Once fully baked, the oatmeal cookies are golden brown with a slightly crispy edge and a soft, chewy centre.
These crunchy oatmeal cookies will disappear in no time.
The combination of the nutty, hearty oats with the sweetness of the sugar creates a truly irresistible treat that is perfect for any time of day.
This crispy oatmeal cookie with coconut oil pairs well with tea or coffee.
Whether you enjoy them as a mid-morning snack, an after-dinner dessert, or a late-night indulgence, oatmeal cookies are a classic treat that will never go out of style and are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and warm your heart with every bite.
- ¼ cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Oat flour
- 1/3 cup Jaggery
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Chia in 2.5 tbsp water soaked
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Dried Fruits/Nuts of choice
- In a large bowl, add the soaked chia and beat well for 2 minutes. Then add Jaggery powder and coconut oil to it and whisk it until it dissolves.
- Once combined well, slowly mix the dry ingredients – (oat Flour & baking powder) until just incorporated.
- Later, add rolled oats and nuts to this mixture and mix again.
- Keep it to rest for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, Preheat the oven to 180o C for 10 min.
- Place a butter sheet/paper on a baking tray. Once the oatmeal cookie dough is set, scoop out the dough with a tablespoon or using your fingers and give the desired shape. Place it on the butter paper.
- Place the cookie tray in the preheated oven and bake at 180C for 25 min at first.
- Once done, take out the cookie tray and let it cool for 5 minutes and then again leave it in the oven for baking for more 5 min. Enjoy these fast and easy oatmeal cookies.