Serves: 8 bars
Cook Time: 15m
I always use chocolate in my sweet recipes and sometimes savoury for garnish. But in the end, I use so many ingredients that it becomes a hassle at times to get some of them. So I thought to myself and decided that I would make a recipe that uses the least amount of ingredients and tastes delicious as well. Goji berries have been my all-time favourite dry fruit added in chocolate-making fillings. You can substitute with any dry fruit of your choice, be it dried cranberries, dry blueberries and so on. So for this recipe, my filling will be the berries and the desiccated coconut. The coconut will give the bounty bar a nice texture infused with the berries. And now for the best part! We will be using dark chocolate! It is loaded with nutrients and has many proven health benefits. It can help improve blow flow, protect you against cholesterol and with cocoa flavonoids present it may help with brain function.
Made with just three ingredients, you'll be rolling up these yummy treats everyday!
This recipe was brought to you courtesy www.kitchentherapy.in
- 1 Cup dessicated coconut
- 1/8 Cup Goji Berries
- 3/4 Cups Dark Chocolate (70%)
- Soak the goji berries in drinking water for at least 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Remove the goji berries from the water and gently squeeze them.
- Blend the coconut and berries in a mixer until well combined. The mixture will turn a light orange colour.
- Take out the mixture and gently squeeze out excess water with your hands.
- Using your hands again, form small bar-like shapes and place on a lined tray.
- Place this tray in the freezer for at least two hours or until set firmly.
- Melt the chocolate in a bains-marie or microwave for a few minutes, until smooth
- Remove the tray from the freezer.
Using tongs, forks, spoons, wooden sticks or your fingers, dunk the bars into the melted chocolate and place back on the sheet.