Serves : 4
Pumpkin seed butter is a smooth and creamy spread made from roasted pumpkin seeds.
It has a rich and nutty flavour that is similar to peanut butter but with a unique taste all its own.
This spread is becoming increasingly popular as a healthy alternative to traditional nut kinds of butter, as it is packed with protein, healthy fats, and essential minerals.
To make pumpkin seed butter, the pumpkin seeds are roasted until golden brown and then blended until they become a smooth and creamy spread.
The result is a nut-free spread that is perfect for those with nut allergies or sensitivities.
Pumpkin seed butter can be used in a variety of ways. Spread it on toast, use it as a dip for fruits or vegetables, or mix it into smoothies or oatmeal for a protein-packed breakfast.
It's smooth and creamy texture also makes it a perfect addition to baked goods, adding a unique flavour and texture to cookies, muffins, and cakes.
With it's delicious taste and numerous health benefits, pumpkin seed butter is an excellent addition to any pantry.
Whether you want a healthy snack or a flavorful ingredient to add to your favourite recipes, pumpkin seed butter is a tasty and versatile option.
- Add the pumpkin seeds to a pan and roast until light brown.
- Place the toasted pumpkin seeds in a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Add the olive oil and salt to the food processor or blender.
- Blend the pumpkin seeds, olive oil, and salt until a smooth butter forms, scraping down the sides of the food processor or blender as needed.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer the pumpkin seed butter to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Enjoy your homemade pumpkin seed butter with olive oil and salt as a spread on toast, as a dip for veggies or crackers, or as a base for salad dressings and sauces.