Buckwheat banana bread is a delicious and nutritious twist on the classic banana bread recipe.
This gluten-free bread is packed with fibre, protein, and essential minerals, making it a great breakfast or snack option for those looking for a nutritious and tasty treat.
Once baked, it can be enjoyed plain, with a smear of butter or nut butter, or even topped with fresh fruit or yoghurt.
Buckwheat banana bread is not only a delicious and healthy treat, but it's also easy to make and perfect for meal prep.
It can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days or frozen for later enjoyment.
With its rich flavour and hearty texture, this bread is sure to become a new favourite among banana bread enthusiasts and health-conscious eaters alike.
Enjoy the nutty flavour and hearty texture of this delicious buckwheat banana bread.
- To make the bread, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon powder, baking powder and pink salt.
- In a separate bowl add the bananas with olive oil and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spatula. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve the bread warm or at room temperature.