Serves : 1
Hibiscus iced chia tea is a refreshing and delicious beverage made with hibiscus tea, chia seeds, and ice.
The tea is brewed using dried hibiscus flowers and water, creating a tangy, slightly sweet, and deeply red-hued infusion that is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C.
Adding chia seeds to the tea provides a nutty flavour and a pleasantly chewy texture while increasing the beverage's nutritional value with fibre, protein, and healthy fats.
To prepare this cool iced tea, the brewed tea is first chilled in the refrigerator or over ice.
Chia seeds are then added to the tea and left to soak for at least 30 minutes, allowing them to plump up and create a gel-like consistency.
The tea can be sweetened with honey, agave, or other natural sweeteners to taste, and garnished with fresh fruit, mint leaves, or lime wedges for an extra burst of flavour and visual appeal.
This iced tea is a perfect drink for warm weather and outdoor gatherings. It not only quenches thirst but also provides a healthy and refreshing alternative to sugary soft drinks or alcoholic beverages.
It can be enjoyed anytime, whether as a morning pick-me-up, a mid-afternoon snack, or a post-workout drink.
- Soak chia seeds in water and set aside.
- Add the tea to hot water and let it steep for 3-5 minutes. Let it cool.
- Strain the hibiscus flowers and discard them.
- Add the seeds and honey, stir right away and transfer to the refrigerator. Let sit for at least 2 hours before enjoying. Stir well before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.