Prep time: 30m
Our chocolate macaroon recipe is vegan, gluten-free, nut-free and grain-free. As the title implies it requires no baking and is a super healthy snack.
Made from chia seeds, coconut oil, cocoa powder and honey, it provides so many nutrients required for your daily diet. From the anti-oxidants sourced from Chia seeds to the antibacterial properties contained in coconut oil, this is a great recipe to boost your immune system. The banana, cocoa powder, desiccated coconut, honey and rock salt create a delicious sweet taste and also provide extra anti-oxidants and minerals such as iron, potassium and zinc, crucial for a healthy heart and digestive system.
1/4 cup of honey is the guideline in the recipe as it creates a light sweetness but feels free to add more if needed depending on your personal taste.
- 1 banana, well mashed
- 1/4 Cup Organic Wet-Milled Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 teaspoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
Finely mash the banana in a bowl making sure there are no clumps. Add the coconut oil, honey and vanilla. Stir well.
Next stir in the cocoa powder. Then add the coconut, chia seeds and a pinch of Himalayan rock salt. Combine together.
- Using a spoon scoop a portion of the mixture into a round, place on a non-stick baking pan or mat and repeat until you use up the entire mixture. Place in the freezer until macaroons are firm - about 20 minutes. Continue to store macaroons in the freezer and they will soften at room temperature.