Serves: 2 Crepes
Prep time: 5 m
Cook Time: 5 m
I recently saw a movie, where Batman uses a dehydrator to shrink food in size. He says this allows him to eat high-calorie and nutrient-filled meals on the go. Well, that is an idea. Here is a simpler way for you to have a quick, filling and nutritious meal.
You can whip up these high-protein delicacies in minutes. And they are very filling (we know ). So you will be having a healthy meal that will make your mother happy. Also, a few tweaks here and there and you have added your own flavour to these crepes.
I recently made these for breakfast on Sunday and boy did they vanish from the plates! We are more into savoury breakfasts, like poha, dosa, upma etc. But these crepes were a pleasant change and are something we can have on a regular basis.
The whey protein powder I used is unflavoured, so you can also make savoury crepes, or simple crepes to go with a quick stir-fry, like mushroom and baby corn or french beans and onion (these two happen to be my favourites!)
What surprised me when I first started using this powder is that it is not just useful for athletes and fitness enthusiasts but can also be used for weight loss. When paired with fruits and/or milk (dairy, coconut, almond, soy) to make smoothies (recipes coming soon!), it is very filling and can aid in weight loss, with exercise and some self-discipline.
- 2 Tablespoons Whey Protein Un-adulterated
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Wet-Milled Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Acacia Honey
- 3 Egg whites
- 1 Banana, sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- Add the powder, egg whites and half of the cinnamon powder to a bowl and whip it up.
- Heat a pan over medium flame and drop half a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Keeping the flame medium, pour half of the batter. Spread it to make the crepe round-ish, but don't make it too thin.
- Cook each side for 30-40 seconds until light brown, over a medium flame. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Top the crepes with sliced bananas, drizzle some honey and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon powder. Enjoy!