Strawberry chia jam is a healthy and flavorful twist on traditional strawberry jam.
Made with fresh strawberries and chia seeds, this jam has a slightly different texture than traditional jam, thanks to the added crunch of the chia seeds.
Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse, packed with fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids, making this jam a healthier option than regular jam.
The process of making strawberry chia jam is simple and requires no pectin or sugar.
The chia seeds act as a natural thickener, creating a jam-like consistency without the need for added ingredients.
The strawberries are cooked down and mashed, and then combined with the chia seeds and left to sit until the mixture thickens.
The result is a delicious and nutritious spread that can be used in a variety of ways.
Spread it on toast, swirl it into yogurt or oatmeal, or use it as a topping for pancakes or waffles.
The sweet, tangy flavor of the strawberries is balanced perfectly with the nutty flavor of the chia seeds, making this jam a crowd-pleaser for all.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1-3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice freshly squeezed
- 500 grams fresh strawberries
- In a small bowl stir together chia seeds, natural sweetener and lemon juice and set aside.
- Wash and hull your fresh strawberries. Place in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour mixture into a jar and add the chia mixture .
- Refrigerate until jam thickens (about 30 mins.)