Himalayan Rye Flour
Himalayan Rye Flour
Our Rye Flour is 100% stone ground from organic Himalayan Rye grains. Rye (Secale cereale) is a grass grown extensively as a grain, a cover crop, and a forage crop and is a member of the wheat tribe. Rye has gained worldwide popularity due to its distinctive flavour. Its ability to withstand cold weather conditions better than other grains has ensured that it remains a staple in Eastern European countries and Scandinavia. Rye is rich in dietary fibre and iron. It is a nutritious source of antioxidants and nutrients. Rye is not gluten-free but contains lesser gluten than wheat. This flour does not contain the outer seed coat, the bran, or the germ, hence it is light in colour.
Rye’s dietary fibre content is the highest among common cereals. Rye bread contains about three times more fibre than white wheat bread.
Rye flour is rich in protein containing all 9 essential amino acids, Vitamins E, B, and several minerals including selenium, magnesium, copper, zinc, and phosphorus.
A popular grain and staple in Eastern Europe, it grows just as easily in our Himalayas. Our Rye is farmed at altitudes as high as 4,400 meters. This magical grain grows in much poorer soils than those necessary for most cereal grains and is hence grown organically by default. Rye plant also has superior tolerance to cold than most other grains.
How To Use
Add rye flour to your baked goodies and relish its delicious, unmistakable flavour. Our Rye Flour makes an outstanding, dark, and aromatic bread. Rye flour can be used in pancakes, waffles, and crackers and makes a fabulous pizza crust!
- Bake into Bread and Pizza Crust
- Make pancakes and Crepes
Here are some of our handpicked favourite recipes:
- Rye Pizza Crust
- Rye Dosa
Read more about Rye v/s Wheat
- Maintain Cholesterol Levels- Researchers have found that rye is more effective at lowering cholesterol levels than wheat and reduces total and LDL (bad) cholesterol by up to 14% and 12%, respectively. This effect is likely due to rye's high soluble fibre content that can help remove cholesterol-rich bile from your blood and body.
- Control Blood Pressure- It is packed with magnesium, which helps control blood pressure and optimize heart health.
- Reduce Inflammation- The insulin responses after the consumption of meals comprising Rye were better and helped reduce inflammation in the body.
- Promote Weight Health- Rye is extremely rich in good carbohydrates and is a very hardy grain thus, it facilitates weight loss.
Why Buy Ours
- We only use rye grains grown organically by independent farmers in the Himalayan Mountains near Kullu, Himachal Pradesh, thus guaranteeing superior freshness and flavour.
- Our Rye Flour is raw not heat treated.
- Our Rye is stone ground hence preserving the maximum nutritional value.
✔ Get a free sample for every Rs. 500 of purchase
✔ Add a product other than items being purchased
✔ Free Sample must be added before Checkout
Orders are shipped within 2 business days from payment. Delivery ranges from 3-9 days depending on your location.
Sattvic Foods is committed to your complete satisfaction. We assure you that every purchase is pure and of the highest quality available. If for any reason you are unsatisfied simply email us at email@example.com or reply to your order email.