A homemade snack that balances health and taste to perfection! Chivda is known for its versatility, people often customize the ingredients and spice levels according to their preferences. It's a popular snack during festivals and celebrations and is also a common treat to offer guests. It is often enjoyed with tea or as a crunchy nibble between meals. The combination of different textures and flavours in Chivda makes it a delightful and satisfying snack. Packed with care, this chivda stays fresh for up to two weeks
2 cups Rolled Oats
¼ cup Sweet Apricot Kernels, roasted & chopped
¼ cup Broken Cashew Nut Pieces, roasted & chopped
¼ cup Green Pumpkin Seeds, roasted
¼ cup Raw Sunflower Seeds, roasted
¼ cup Brown Raisins
⅓ cup fresh curry leaves
1 tsp wild mustard seeds (jakhiya)
1 tsp Raw Turmeric Powder
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
1 tsp Fenugreek seeds (methi), blended
3 tbsp Coconut sugar
2 tbsp Himalayan pink salt
- Begin by heating a pot and greasing it with ghee.
- Add Rolled Oats to the pot and roast them on low flame for about 5 minutes until they change texture and become crisp. Be cautious not to over-roast. Transfer the roasted oats to a plate and let them cool.
- Roast a mix of nuts and seeds, including Sweet Apricot Kernels, chopped and roasted; Broken Cashew Nut Pieces; Green Pumpkin Seeds; Raw Sunflower Seeds; and Brown raisins. You can also bake them at 180 degrees in the oven.
- In another pot, heat it up and add curry leaves, wild mustard seeds, Raw Turmeric Powder, roasted cumin powder, and Fenugreek seeds (methi). Sauté on low flame until the curry leaves become crisp.
- Combine the roasted oats, nuts, seeds, raisins, and coconut sugar powder in the same pot. Mix all the ingredients and roast for an additional 5 minutes. Be gentle to avoid breaking the oats.
Turn off the stove, add Himalayan pink salt, and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a plate and let it cool down. Store the chivda in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.